Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Audiobooks


It's Tuesday again; time for another Tuesday Talks! Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads group hosted by Jamie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week. Today's discussion is on audiobooks.

Personally I am a fan of audiobooks. They're really convenient when I'm not in the position to read (if my head hurts, I'm driving, etc.) I think it is definitely considered reading since either way we get a story. It's great for multitasking and a great way for "nonreaders" to get involved in the literary world.

Though audiobooks have a lot of pros, they also have a lot of cons. One of the biggest ones is my attention span, or lack of. I'm not as much of an auditory learner as I am a visual one and while an audiobook is playing I frequently zone out and start thinking about random things from homework to life and end up missing a chunk of the book, which isn't really effective. Another thing I don't love about audiobooks is how slow the speakers of the book typically read. Audiobooks can take upwards of ten hours to finish but reading the same book would take me much less time. It's just more efficient for me to read a book than to listen to one.

What do you guys think! Do you think audiobooks are considered as "real" reading? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment