Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Book Haul #1


I'm so excited to do my very first book haul! Since 2014 began, I went on a little shopping spree at Barnes and Nobles and bought so many books. I have thirteen new books to show you guys! Some of these are ARCs (Advanced Reader's Copies) that I've gotten from my library, but most I've bought myself.

Alright the very first book that's on my stack is Panic by Lauren Oliver. 


I bought this book from Barnes and Nobles because of all the hype I heard around it, and most of it did live up to it! I completely recommend it to everyone. 

Read my full review here

The next book is Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I'm currently reading this book and I'm so excited to finish.
This book is about a girl, Samantha, who suddenly is suffering from sever amnesia. She can't remember any part of her life, which is a good thing, considering she used to be a terrible person. She basically got a blank slate and is learning how to be a better daughter, friend and person in general. But on top of that, there's a riveting mystery trying to figure out what happened the night she got her amnesia. I love all of Jennifer's work and I'm so excited for this book! This book will be released on April 15th, and if it sounds like something you might like, I encourage you to pick it up! 

I recently read and reviewed it here.

The next book on my list is Storm by DJ MacHale. 


I got this book from my library as an ARC. I haven't read the first one, but this looked extremely interesting. I have no idea what the first one is about, but this one is a dystopian sci-fi in which the American government is at war with itself. The cover looks so cool and I'm so excited to read this book! 

The next book is White Space by Ilsa J. Bick


I also got this book as an ARC back in January. This book is about a girl who can see through the minds of other people, if that makes sense. For english class, she write this story about kids stranded in a haunted house during a blizzard, but the weird part is that her story is nearly identical to a manuscript written by an author who killed himself years before he finished the novel. This book is book 1 in the dark passages series, and I'm so excited to read it! 

Next up is Oblivion by Sasha Dawn.


This book is a thrilling murder mystery. It's about a girl who was found in an abandoned apartment one night claiming she killed someone, yet she remembers nothing of that night. Her father and a young girl have disappeared and since then she is unable to stop writing. Her job is to decipher her writing to figure out the puzzle of what happened that night. This book sounds really good and I'm so excited to read it! It comes out in May, so if this sounds like something you might like, I definitely suggest getting it! 

Next is Summon by Meredith Mawr


I recently read this book and it was really interesting! The storyline was really interesting and I can't wait until the next book is released!

Read my full review here

Finally ending the first stack, I bought City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.


I've so much about this book since I was in like seventh grade, yet I've never picked it up, so I finally bought it so I have to read it at some point or another. Being completely honest, I have no idea what this book is about, I've just heard it's really good, and I'm completely relying on that to carry me through the entire series. 

Starting from the second stack, there's Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


I read this book a while ago, but I just recently bought it. This may be one of the best books I've ever read. This story follows Cath, a girl whose going to college for the first time, but she's extremely antisocial, and it really shows her journey of fitting into college. It's not as action packed or intense, but definitely a really good light read. All of the characters are extremely relatable and I completely recommend it! 

Next up: UnSouled by Neal Shushterman


I recently marathon read this series and subsequently bought the third book. The whole story line is super intense and I recommend it to everyone who enjoyed dystopian. 

Read my full review here 

The next book I bought was Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


I read Delirium a few years ago when it came out, but I forgot about the rest of the series, so soon I plan on marathon reading this whole series and I'm so excited to understand the excitement and hype behind the last book! 

Next is Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl



Both of these books are a continuation of the Beautiful Creatures series, which follows this fantasy world of casters (witches) and other really cool creatures. I really enjoyed this series and recommend it to fantasy lovers!

Beautiful Chaos Review here

Beautiful Redemption Review here


Last but not least: Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Recently I realized I owned only Divergent and Allegiant, and owning part of a series really bugs me, so I went and bought Insurgent. If you haven't heard of the Divergent trilogy...where have you been? But really this entire series is wonderfully written and I completely recommend it to everyone.

Divergent Trilogy Review here

That's it for my book haul! Depending on how many more books I get, I might do a few more throughout the year, but we'll see. Have you read any of these book yet? Have you gotten any new books you wanna share? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. You've got some great books there! I'm starting Fangirl today!
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find out more on my blog here.
    http://theyanightstand.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it! Thanks for nominating me! That was really nice of you :)

      Delete
    2. Will do! And no problem :) It's a really fun way to get your blog around and to get to know other bloggers!

      Delete