Monday, April 14, 2014

The Book Sacrifice Tag

So I've been tagged by The Fangirl Existence to do the Book Sacrifice Tag!
The rules of this tag are:
1. Choose a book you want to sacrifice in each of the scenarios below
2. Once you finish the tag, make sure you tag other people!
DISCLAIMERS: The original tag was created by Ariel Basset on Youtube and this tag was not meant to be offensive to any authors or people who like these books. It's just something fun we're doing :)

Scenario #1:

Imagine you're in a bookstore, casually walking up and down the shelves, browsing, when suddenly zombies begin attacking. An announcement comes over the PA system, saying that the primary weakness of zombies has been found: over-hyped books. What over-hyped book do you run to first to use as a weapon against the zombies?

For this I'd pick The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I'm a huge fan of Riordan, the PJO series is my all-time favorite series, but I really hated the Red Pyramid. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of Egyptian mythology, but this book was so bland in comparison to the original PJO series. I've heard so much about the rest of this series but I never could bring myself to finish it.

Scenario #2:

You just left the hair salon with perfect hair when bam it starts raining. What sequel do you sacrifice as an umbrella to protect your beautiful hair?

For this one I'm going to have to say Mockingjay. I loved The Hunger Games and I thought Catching Fire was pretty good, so going into the third I had really high expectations which just weren't upheld. Mockingjay was an overall disappointment, characters I liked died, and the ending just wasn't satisfactory for me.

Scenario #3:

Your English teacher is going on and on about how great this classic is. How timeless and universal and symbolistic it is. Everyone in the class seems to be buying into it, but you've read the book and know just how bad it is. Which classic was so stupid that you would risk detention just to throw it at your teacher to make your point?

The classic I'm going to choose is The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. My English teacher gushed about the whole book and the writing style. The writing wasn't bad, but the whole book was so slow, there was literally nothing more than what it says in the title, and it just wasn't for me.

Scenario #4:

You're hanging out at the library when suddenly global warming explodes and Earth has turned into a frozen wasteland. The only way to survive is to keep warm by using a book as fuel. What book do you run to first, knowing that if you burned it, you really wouldn't regret it that much?

My least favorite book of all time is Twilight. I absolutely hated it and honestly it basically ruined vampires for me. The characters are weak and dull, the setting is meh, and the plot is so predictable. Everyone else seems to love this book and I just can't understand why!

Alright that was the book sacrifice tag! I'm going to tag some lovely people to do the same thing:
The YA Nightstand
Zia's Book Wonderland
Book Feels

No comments:

Post a Comment