Saturday, September 12, 2015

The College Diaries | The Time I Ran for President

It's been quite a while since I've been able to post an update. While I could say I had a bunch of homework and tests and whatnot to keep me busy, I'll admit that it's just hard too find the motivation to write something and post it. But here I am with some amount of renewed motivation, ready to tell you all about my run for president.

So back in May when I finally decided which college I wanted to attend, I also wanted to run for President of my class. And about a week or so ago, I made it official by submitting my letter of intent.

This isn't a post about how I thought I was going to lose and then somehow got enough votes to win. Cutting straight to the chase, I lost, but let me tell you why running for president might have been the best thing I've done for myself since getting to college.

I'm an extreme introvert, which is apparent by the fact that on a Saturday night instead of being out partying, I'm here writing this post. So socializing doesn't necessarily come easy to me. Running for president gave me an excuse to talk to people. I admit, I got annoying sometimes constantly telling people to vote for me, but hey, it's better than nothing. People began to know my name and associated my name with a face.

The majority of my campaign was talking to people and telling them to vote for me. And even if they didn't vote for me, it was a great way to meet new people and get a conversation started. I love being able to walk to class and see at least five people I know wave and say hi to me and vice versa.

Basically, moral of the story: Run for president. 

No comments:

Post a Comment