Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tuesday Talks | My Reading Experience


It's Tuesday again (well let's pretend it's Tuesday) and it's time for another Tuesday Talks post. Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every Tuesday. I missed last week and hopefully I'm back on track starting this week.

So this week we're talking about how reading began for us and who are biggest influences were in reading.

I started reading when I was very young, so I don't have that particular 'moment' where reading changed my life, it's just always been there. And quite honestly, it confuses me how I got into reading fiction. My mom hates the concept of reading, not that she prevents me from doing it or anything but she just finds the concept to be boring, which is understandable. And although my dad reads, he reads work-related books like "how to program" and things like that.

I do have a vivid memory of when I was little (about seven or eight years old) and sick and my dad came home with the Magic Tree House books and introduced me to them. I really think it was a mix of luck that the library was close by and that I was an only child. So a lot of my childhood was about keeping myself entertained and since the Internet wasn't as prominent of a source as it is now, reading was what I went to.

How did you guys start reading? Do you guys have any interesting stories? If so, let me know below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment