Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Reading on Holidays/ Seasons


Hey guys, so I know it's been a while since I've done a Tuesday Talks but it's been a hectic couple of weeks with tests and whatnot. But finally midterms are over and I can relax and read, something I haven't done in quite some time. 

Hopefully I can get back on schedule with reviews and Tuesday Talks, and I'm starting today. So if you don't already know, Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads groups started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week. Today's topic is special reading on holidays. 

Holidays and general breaks from work serve as a really good time to read since it's a large chunk that usually goes uninterrupted. Those days where you wake up, read all day and maybe eat and shower are some of the best lazy days. 

Though I don't know about reading certain types of books near certain holidays or seasons. I think for a large discussion group or any interactive reading it's a fun thing to create a theme for the books you read, but I don't necessarily do that on a personal level when I'm reading. I do agree that certain types of weather put me in the mood for certain types of books or genres, but I'm not rigid in that I'll only read scary books near Halloween or anything like that. It's mostly whatever I can get my hands on. Especially with being in college, it's hard to impose those restrictions on myself. 

What about you guys? Do you guys try to match your books to the weather/ calendar? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment