Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shadows | Jennifer L. Armentrout


"The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are...well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. 

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable. 

Bethany can't deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren't a complication she wants, she can't stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she's drawn in. 

Captivated. Lured. Loved. 

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can't stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself." 

This story is a prequel of the entire Lux series and it gives us an insight to more of the Lux community. In context with the rest of the series, it fits very well but as a stand-alone book, I thought it was incredibly disappointing compared to the rest of the series. Personally I think this is mainly because of the couple. Through many of the books I have liked and haven't liked, I came to the conclusion the the love-hate relationship is crucial factor in my opinion of the book. Katy and Daemon (Kaemon) hated each other at first and it took them at least two books to even admit their like, much less their love for each other. However Bethany and Dawson fell for each other within a day of meeting each other. It was too cliché for my liking. 

I think the best part about this entire book was getting more of an insight into Daemon's personality before he was smitten with Katy. Strangely it made me love him even more. Reading about when he was with Ash made me feel jealous for Katy, which is ridiculous I know, but I have to live my life somewhere. 

Personally I think this book or novella should be made more available. I'm not sure if it was just me but the entire book took me forever to find. It didn't have it at my library, I couldn't order it from Amazon or Barnes and Nobles because there is apparently no paperback edition. Then I tried to get a digital version or an audiobook. But audiobooks are mad expensive and then I found a free kindle version on Amazon and finally read it on my computer. So instead of doing my homework, I spent the day looking for and reading this book. Glad I have my priorities straight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment