Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Free Books for Review


Good evening everyone and welcome back to another blogisode of Tuesday Talks, a Goodreads group started by Janie and Janelle. This week's topic is whether authors should provide a free copy of the book they want reviewed.

I think that, without a doubt, authors should provide a free copy of a book with a request for a review. An author should be open to sharing their work in order to spread it, that's how most books tend to get an audience anyways.

However I do think that if an author provided the first book of a series for review, they are not obligated to provide the rest of the series. Of course, it is ideal and preferable for the reviewer if they do, however they are by no means obligated.

I completely understand if an author is unable to give a free copy of his/her book, but I also think they will get less traffic. As a reviewer, I'm more inclined to read and review books that are given to me, specifically paperback/hardcover copies of books, but of course that is expensive and not reasonable for me to expect.

What do you guys think? Do you think authors are required to provide free copies of books to review? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment