Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Picking a Book


Welcome back to another blogisode of Tuesday Talks, a Goodreads group started by Janie and Janelle. This week's topic is how we pick the books we read. 

For a long time I tried to objectively pick books based on what I needed to read. Books I needed to review and books I read for fun would pile up and I would frequently alternate them, pushing the deadline books to the top of the list. 

At one point, since it was a trend on BookTube, I even created a TBR jar in which I put the names of all the books I haven't read and vowed to pick a book out of it every month and read it with the goal of reducing the number of TBR books on my shelfs. Unfortunately that idea died as soon as I found that effort was required in keeping my TBR jar up to date. 

All in all, though I try to set up a TBR, although I try to outline the books I want to read, it rarely ends up panning through. Usually something else will catch my eye and interest me and I'll end up picking it up and reading that instead. My books are usually picked off of a whim, usually answered by the question "what do I feel like reading today?" 

How do you guys pick your TBR pile? Or are you spontaneous like me? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment