Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Favorite Genre


Welcome everyone to another Tuesday Talks. I know I haven't done one in forever, but I just kept forgetting and then it wasn't Tuesday anymore. This week's post is discussing our favorite genres.

I'm an all-around person. I don't stick to one genre, but enjoy a wide variety of genres. I'll read pretty much anything, but for the longest time (around when I read the Hunger Games) I had an obsession with dystopian books. It was a good time for that obsession too, since the majority of YA books being released were dystopian.

However lately, though dystopians are still fascinating, there has come a point where the storyline, characters, and settings begin to repeat. For example "The Testing" by Joelle Charbonneau has a very similar cover and concept to The Hunger Games. I think a point has been hit, where an original dystopian idea is no longer as easily feasible.

Lately I have been reading more fantasy, a genre that I used to dislike. It started with the Mortal Instruments, continued with the Throne of Glass series and the Lunar Chronicles. I frequently wouldn't read fantasy because it got way too complicated for me with the wizards and witches and dragons, one of the main reasons I was never a huge potterhead. However I started reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and I found that I'm running into the same issue, which is why it's so difficult to get through this book.

What about you guys? What are your favorite genres? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment