Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Words with An Author | K.P. Gazelle

   Today's Words With an Author features K.P Gazelle, author of The Color of Happiness. Let's hear what she had to say! 

   1. Where did you come up with the ideas for your book? Who/ what is your inspiration?

     Different events and people inspired different parts of the book.  The element of grounded friendships was inspired from my personal life.  I have the BEST friends!

   2. Are any of your characters based on people you actually know, if so which ones?

     The character of Tiffany – Faith’s best friend – is inspired from my best friends. 

   3. Who is your favorite character from any book and why?

      I tend to like strong female protagonists.  So if a book has one, she’ll probably become one of my favorites.

   4. How long did the writing process take for your book?

       Hmm . . . I’m not exactly sure.  I worked on the book very intermittently. 

   5. Who are some of your favorite authors?

      So many!  In terms of young adult authors, I really enjoy Sarah Dessen, John Green, Elizabeth Scott, Rainbow Rowell, etc.

   6.  How did you come up with the title and cover of your book? Did they morph as you wrote the book, or were they constant?

     A decision about the title was made after the book was completed.  It’s inspired by Faith’s love for fashion.  The cover was taken care of by the designer.  

   7. What would your advice be to someone who's aspiring to be a writer?

     To keep reading and to keep writing. 

   8. Finally, just to wrap things up, what's your favorite color and why?

My favorite colors seem to change LOL.  Some of my favorites include: black, white, red, green, and turquoise.  Because they’re all so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment