Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Requesting ARCs


Welcome to yet another Tuesday Talks, a GoodReads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week. Today's topic continues last week's discussion of ARCs, whether or not we request ARCs.

When I was relatively new to blogging and reviewing, the idea of free unpublished books was like heaven. While I still love the idea, it's so much harder to manage all of the ARCs I receive. Unless a book really stands out to me I don't really request it just so I don't overwhelm myself.

I'm not a huge fan of digital books so eARCs don't really appeal to me unless it's a book I'm really looking forward to. While Netgalley is an incredible resource, I usually don't scour it because I'll end up requesting everything and then forgetting about it a few days later.

While I love reviewing books for publishers and authors, I usually don't go out of my way to unless some special condition holds.

What about you guys? Do you guys like requesting ARCs? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment