Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Requesting ARCs


Welcome to yet another Tuesday Talks, a GoodReads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week. Today's topic continues last week's discussion of ARCs, whether or not we request ARCs.

When I was relatively new to blogging and reviewing, the idea of free unpublished books was like heaven. While I still love the idea, it's so much harder to manage all of the ARCs I receive. Unless a book really stands out to me I don't really request it just so I don't overwhelm myself.

I'm not a huge fan of digital books so eARCs don't really appeal to me unless it's a book I'm really looking forward to. While Netgalley is an incredible resource, I usually don't scour it because I'll end up requesting everything and then forgetting about it a few days later.

While I love reviewing books for publishers and authors, I usually don't go out of my way to unless some special condition holds.

What about you guys? Do you guys like requesting ARCs? Let me know in the comments below!