Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Series, Standalones, or Trilogies?


It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for another Tuesday Talks! Tuesday Talks is a GoodReads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every Tuesday.

Today we discuss our preference of books, as stand-alones, series, trilogies, etc.

My preference depends on the book honestly. Series are great when I don't want the book to end. They're great when I'm so invested in the characters and the plot that each consecutive book is something I'm excited to read rather than an obligation.

Though lately, I do feel that the marketing aspect has misused the power of series simply in order to make money. Books that would do well as a stand alone are often being dragged out into duologies or even trilogies for marketing purposes, one of the reasons I'm not as into series as I used to be.

There are so many factors that play into what types of books I like, it usually depends on the time period and my mood as well as the character and plot development of the actual book.

What do you guys think? Do you have a preference between stand-alones, series, trilogies, etc.? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment