Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stacking the Shelves | July 2015

It's been a while since I've accumulated enough books for a Stacking the Shelves post, but I finally have a bunch and I want to share them with you guys! Some of these books were sent to me to review, others were given to me and then I bought the rest. But I would say that this month was pretty fruitful in terms of good books.


The Balance by Michael Seldon 


The author requested me to read and review this book and so I was very fortunate to get a really nice hardcopy of the book. At the moment I'm currently reading this book and am very excited to finish it! 

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider


My wonderful friend bought me this book as my graduation present. We had met the author Margo Rabb at BEA and later we saw her again at her EpicReads Panel at Barnes and Nobles with three other fantastic authors, and Robyn Schneider was one of them. Although we couldn't buy all of the showcased book, months later I finally got this book from my friend and I am so excited to read it! 

The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson


Brandon Sanderson has been everywhere lately, and because of all the hype I had to pick up these books. In fact, Courtney from CourtneyReads and I are doing a buddy read of the series, so if you want to check out our latest discussion post click here. I'm really enjoying this series and the hype around Brandon Sanderson, I think, was proven. 

The First Three PJO Books by Rick Riordan


My library hosts a summer reading program every year which allows its patrons to win free books. So of course, my mission is to collect every new Percy Jackson cover. As of now I have the first three and now I just need the last two and I'm set. 

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 


I would say that I have good self-control. I don't usually impulsively buy books, but even the best of us fall off the wagon sometimes. This year marks the tenth anniversary of the Lightning Thief and of course Barnes & Noble released an "Exclusive Collector's Edition" which I had to buy. I really don't know why I bought it, but I did and I don't regret it. 

Sapient by Jerry Kaczmarowski


This book was also sent to me to read and review. I would describe this book as a sci-fi thriller and I enjoyed most of the book. I recently finished it so I should have a review going up very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment