Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Book Enjoyment


A week has passed and it's Tuesday yet again, which it's time for another Tuesday Talks. Tuesday Talks is a GoodReads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week. Today's topic discusses how long past enjoyment we'll stick with a book.

For me it honestly depends on why I'm reading the book. If it's a book that someone requested me to read and review I most definitely finish it, even if it takes me months. As a book reviewer I find that it's unfair to both the author and potential readers of the book if I review a book without completely finishing it, so I power through regardless.

If it's a book for personal enjoyment I typically won't power through if I don't immediately at least somewhat like it. I'll procrastinate reading it, eventually fall into a reading slump, pick up another book and months pass before I even think about the book I previously read. Maybe, if I'm feeling optimistic I'll pick it up and give it another try, but usually I don't. It spends the rest of its days collecting dust on my shelves.

Personally I don't enjoy keeping myself occupied with something I don't enjoy. So unless I have to, I don't. But I might be the only one, so let me know in the comments how you guys fare with unpleasant books. Do you keep reading them or abandon them as soon as you lose interest? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment