Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Wrap-Up and May TBR

Hey Fantabulous Readers, it's the end of the month and we know what that means... time to tell you all the books I've read this month!
This month I've read *drum roll please* an astounding five books! I know I know, don't laugh. It's been a slow month, with college ending and all, but next month I'm going to read ALL the books, just you wait.
So the four books I read this month were: Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout and the Delirium Trilogy (Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem) along with the novella, Delirium Stories.


The first book I read this month was Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This book is a thrilling mystery that follows a girl named Sam, who is suffering from amnesia. She can't remember her previous life at all, but apparently she and her friend went missing the night before and she has to figure out what happened. I really loved this book! I almost gave it a full five stars, that's how good it was! 
Here's my review if you want a little more information.



I decided to marathon read the Delirium trilogy this month, and I absolutely loved it! This world takes place in a dystopian setting where love is considered a disease and after a certain age everyone gets cured, which basically takes away their ability to feel emotions. So of course, the main character, Lena falls in love, and the trilogy follows her through her experience. If you enjoy dystopian I completely recommend it! I also read Delirium Stories which is a small set of novellas featuring secondary characters from the book. 

May TBR

Now for what I'm going to read this month. Just a disclaimer that this isn't set in stone, but these are on my immediate TBR pile and I hope to finish them this month.

Blue Notes by Carrie Lofty

This book was sent to me by the wonderful author herself and I'm so excited to read it! I'm not completely sure what the exact premise of the book is but I know it's a contemporary romance so I'm completely ready for the cuteness!

Swimming Through Clouds by Rajdeep Paulus

I had the awesome privilege of meeting the author herself at a YA book festival and she sent me her book as an epub. Again I'm not completely sure what the premise of the book is, but look at that cover! It's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so excited to pick up this book!

Worlds Apart Ruination by Amanda Thome

This author also sent me this book to read, it's a dystopian novel, which sounded really appealing. I'm excited to dive into it. 

The Selection by Kiera Cass

Danielle from The Fangirl Existence and I are going to be doing a read along for this book, in honor for the third one coming out. Neither one of us has read it, so it's going to be a ton of fun! 

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Cindy from Book Feels and I are going to be buddy reading this together! I've read practically every other Rainbow Rowell book, so I figured might as well finish them all!

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

I'm currently reading this book, another Rainbow Rowell book. So far it's pretty good, although I have to say, Fangirl still remains my favorite. 

So that's it for books this month! That was a lot more than I thought there would be, hopefully I can get through them all! As I finish each book I will be posting reviews so keep your eye out for that! Let me know, what books do you guys plan on reading this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment