Friday, June 19, 2015

Free For All Friday | Group Work

Group work is a cause of constant stress for me. Unfortunately for me, I'm a perfectionist and fairly over-bearing, especially when it comes to group work, so people either hate me in their group or love having me.

Essentially I'm the one who ends up doing most, if not all of the work.

I understand people have their own schedules and work on their own time, just as I do, and I understand when emergencies come up, but I don't understand the art of procrastination when someone else is depending on you.

I work with people I can trust, those who I know will get their work down. I've had the unfortunate event of someone blowing me off before a ten-page lab report is due, and now the very thought of group work sets me into anxiety, particularly those with a reputation of not doing work.

It's one thing not doing an individual assignment because you don't want to, and it's a completely different thing to not do a group assignment just to spite someone.

Am I the only one who feels this way about group work? I like getting my assignments out of the way as soon as I can and I'm not a fan on depending on someone especially someone who's not dependable.


No comments:

Post a Comment