Friday, May 22, 2015

Free For All Friday | Unphotogenic Pictures

Hey guys, so for this Free For All Friday, I want to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: unphotogenic photos.

If you're reading this and thinking "Man I'm the most photogenic person", trust me, I've got you beat.

I would say that I'm a fairly average looking person, not extreme either way, but for some reason photos have a way of warping all of my features into an unrecognizable and laughable face.

For those of you who are fortunate enough to not know what the term means, "unphotogenic" is essentially when someone doesn't photograph well and all their pictures turn out weird.

There are several classic things that usually never fail to happen whenever a picture of me is taken:

1. Half-Closed Eyes

I'm known for having quite large eyes, and while most of the time it's a fantastic feature, my blink timing is off and when the camera's click goes off, my eye is usually in mid blink and the camera never fails to catch that moment.

2. The Chandler Smile

Also known as the forced and painful smile. While my regular smile is fairly average, when a camera is placed in front of me, it instantly turns into a forced and unnatural smile. And I honestly have no idea why. The traditional "cheese" doesn't really work for me.



3. Awkward Poses

I'm not sure if this has anything to with being inherently unphotogenic, but when someone tells me to stand for a picture I never know what to do with myself. Am I supposed to strike a pose? Put my hands on my hips? Regardless of what I do, I feel dumb.

So from this post, I have basically come to the realization that I probably won't be a model, which I am perfectly content with, but am I the only unphotogenic person out there? Let me know in the comments below if you guys have any unflattering consequences of cameras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment