Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Matching Series Books


One week later and welcome back to another Tuesday Talks, a Goodreads group hosted by Janie and Janelle, where we talk about book-related topics every Tuesday. Today's post is on matching series.

I'm a sucker for matching series. I love looking at books of the same cover scheme and same height on my bookshelf. One of the reasons I particularly love boxed sets is because everything is the same. In fact the selling vantage of boxed sets is the fact that they are all consistent and usually cheaper than buying them individually.

For example, my boxed sets of the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices.


I really really hate when my series don't match on the shelves. I got a paperback ARC of Divergent and then the hardcover copies of Insurgent and Allegiant, and they still don't match which is mildly annoying. However I'd rather deal with that than spend money rebuying a book when I could be buying a new book.


Finally, and the thing that angers me the most, is when publishers change the cover scheme in the middle of the series. This has happened with so many series including the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. The first four books had a dark, dramatic scheme while the last book was bright blue, which is mildly offsetting on my shelves. I just think that if a publisher is planning to change the covers, they should do it after all the books have been released.


What do you guys think? Does it bother you having mismatched series books? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment