Monday, May 25, 2015

Soaring Through Stars | Rajdeep Paulus

As the third book in the Swimming Through Stones series by Rajdeep Paulus, this book did not disappoint. It continues right where the last book left off and we continue to learn about all these wonderful characters. 

I will admit, this book wasn't as fantastic as the first two, only because I felt a distinct lack of romance, but besides that it was terrific. 

My favorite aspect of this book was by far the familial aspect. We finally get some closure to the lawsuit against Talia's father and we get to learn of other long lost family members. We get to see the bridge of trust begin to build between Talia and her family. The interactions and relationships built between these characters is phenomenal. Paulus does a fantastic job of developing these characters we already know and love. 

While the story from Swimming Through Clouds was one of struggle and pain, the one from Soaring Through Stars was distinctly of healing and rehabilitation. We get to see Talia and Jesse finally recover from the one person who has haunted them their entire lives and finally find peace. 

Though it is a great conclusion to a great series, I want to continue the lives of Talia and Jesse. I want to know what happens next. I want to see Talia and Lagan get married and raise a family together. I want to see the role their uncle plays in their futures. I feel as though I'm not done with these characters yet; I'm too invested in their lives and I sincerely hope that Paulus feels inspired to write more about these characters. 

I highly recommend this book and this series as a whole.  If you haven't already checked it out I really think it's worth trying out, I'll link my reviews down below if you want to check out more! 




No comments:

Post a Comment