Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Bookish Pet Peeves


Welcome everyone to yet another Tuesday Talks, a Goodreads groups hosted by Janie and Janelle. Today's topic is on Bookish Pet Peeves, and since I treat my books as if they were my children, I have a long, long list. So let's get started.

1. Doggy-Earing the Page 

You can use literally anything as a bookmark. A page of paper, a fork, sunglasses, literally anything. And if worse comes to worse, you can just remember the page number. There is no reason to fold over the pages and put unnecessary creases.

2. Bending of the Spine 

Like I mentioned before, you can use literally anything as a bookmark, so there's no reason to damage the book, the spine or the pages. Leave the poor book be, and please don't break/ wear down the spine.



3. Books of different heights

I understand that hardcover and paperback books are made of different materials and thus are of different heights, but all hardcovers should have a universal height, as should all paperbacks. They just look a whole lot better on my shelves.

 vs. 

4. Book Scuffings 

This is something I'm particularly crazy about. A brand-new book is perfect. It's not scuffed or worn at all, and I strive to keep it that way. I'll go so far as to wrap it in a plastic bag if I need to take it out. I'm going to try as hard as I can in order to keep my book looking brand-new.

5. Nonmatching Series 

I really like it when books match on my shelf. Same format, same cover theme, same size, etc. It's just something that looks really nice on my shelves.

What are some of your bookish pet peeves? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment