Friday, May 15, 2015

Free For All Friday | Finals

Hey guys, I know I haven't written a Free For All Friday post in a while, but I've been furiously studying for finals, and now that they're over, here I am.

As a high school senior, these were some of my last finals...well until college starts again. And I wanted to give those of you who still have finals left some tips and tricks to get through the week.

Tip #1: Don't wait until the last minute. 

I know this is a bit cliché, but don't wait until the day before the final to open your textbook for the first time. I'm not saying you have to start studying two weeks in advance, but at least start looking over the material beforehand so it's not completely foreign the night before.

Tip #2: Take lots of breaks. 

Contrary to popular belief, finals week isn't a constant repeat of studying and sleeping. You're allowed to take breaks. You can go on YouTube, or on Netflix. In fact, it'll probably be beneficially for you to take a few breaks and let your mind relax from the constant stream of information. In fact right before my calc final I went to a book signing by Kiera Cass and still did well on the final.

Tip #3: Don't overstress. 

I know in the moment these tests may seem like a big deal but, speaking as someone who strived so hard to attain a 4.0, one B isn't going to ruin your life. It may hurt your pride, but you're not going to be rejected from college because of one bad grade. The education system is just a game, all you have to do is learn to play it.

These are just a few of the things I've learned over the years, comment below some of your experiences with finals, or with tests in general! 

No comments:

Post a Comment